Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Suspension Alignment

Since I had the day off, I called around to find someone who could perform an alignment on the Mustang. I found a local place call Pilger which could do they job. I stated my concerns about damage to the undercarriage I just completed. He stated they would not damage anything so I took the car up there this morning.

I was given a results sheet showing my camber and toe were correct but not the caster. Here are the figures from the sheet:

Left:
Before: +.4 camber, -.1 caster, and -.05 toe
After: -.1 camber, -2.3 caster, and .00 toe
Right
Before: -.3 camber, -.3 caster, -.06 toe
After: 0.1 camber, -2.8 caster, and -.06 toe
The car seems to run much better now. They said it is normal to add more caster to the right side due to the way roads slope down on the sides.
I checked under the car when I made it home. I found they were not as careful as I asked with the suspension parts. The sleeves for the adjustable strut rods are very scraped up from tool teeth marks.

No comments: