Sunday, August 30, 2009

Carburetor Tuning Continued

I called O'Reilly from work yesterday and they said they could get the Holley pump cams by 5 o'clock. I ordered them and paid a premium price ($27.99). However, I would have paid the same to get the from Summit after the shipping cost.

I put on the new coil this morning and the new spark plug wires. I then switched from the stock orange pump cam to use the new size up which is black. I then checked the front float level and found it is not set as high as I remember. I raised the front float level and then took the car for a drive.

The hesitation on accelration if fixed. It seems there is a small hesitation at very low RPM. This is likely because the idle mixture is off or because I could function with the orange cam with the raised float level. I'll fine tune it later. For now, I'm just happy the drivability is much better.

The current setup is shown below.

No comments: