Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Carburetor Tuning Continued

I received the new accelerator pump nozzle a couple of days ago. I'm replacing my fence and have spent the last few days taking down the fence and removing the poles. I had some time tonight so I installed the nozzle and took a test drive.

The hesitation changed with the new nozzle. If felt like two short hesitations with a quarter second feeling of normal acceleration between the two. I took off the carburetor with plans to remove the spacer and found a leak at the back of the carburetor spacer. I installed a new gasket and then went for another test drive.

There is now only the single hesitation which is short but still present. I'll try to switch back to the .031mm accelerator pump nozzle next to see if it works better with the carburetor spacer leak fixed. Unfortunately, I've run out of time for today so I'll need to try that later this week.

No comments: