Sunday, February 13, 2011

Remaining Tasks Before Floor Install

I've had my car apart for a while now for the floorboard replacement. As with all projects, you take it apart and find several other things which need to be done in order to do the job "right". Those take a little more time than expected and next thing you know it has been a few months more than you thought.

I've been procrastinating the driver toe board for over a month now. I laid in the replacement and formed it to the stock panel as I did the passenger side. I marked where I needed to cut the stock floorboard and then made the cut. However, the replacement panel does not fit exactly the same. Once I put it in place, I realized I cut more off the stock panel than needed.

I now need to add some metal to the replacement panel, trim it to fit, and then start the process of welding I expected to start more than a month ago. I don't look forward to it so I've just been finding other things to do instead.

The following things need to be done before I can install the floor:

- Strip & Prime Rear Frame Rail

- Fill Holes in Rear Seat Pan - Seam Seal Rear Torque Box

- Create Tab for Front Sub Frame Area

- Strip Transmission Crossmember

- Strip Front Frame Rails & Prime

- Weld Driver Toe Board

- Finish Work on Underside of Toe Boards

Some of these items do not take much time while others (driver toe board) are going to take me a little longer. I'm still learning to weld which adds some time due to all the extra grinding. I'll work on these over the next weeks. Unfortunately, I plan to be out of town for the next two weekends.

No comments: