Saturday, February 12, 2011

Transmission Removal & Passenger Toe Board

I spent a little time in the garage this morning.

Removing the transmission makes the remainder of the floorboard replacement easier. Now that it is removed, I can use the hammer and dolly around the transmission tunnel, I can clean up the toe board welds, and obviously it needs to be out to apply the undercoating. The transmission was very easy to remove without the floor as there was nothing to block just sliding it out.

I worked a little more on the passenger side toe board this morning. There was an alignment problem with how it mated up to the front frame rail. After working on the toe board with a hammer and dolly, I was able to put about eight plug welds to hold it together perfectly. I'm much happier with the toe board replacement now that this has been corrected.

I stripped most of the driveshaft yesterday and finished the job today. I wiped it all down with mineral spirits and put a coat of primer on it. I've a set of new u-joints I received last Christmas so I plan to install those after I refinish the yoke.

No comments: