Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cleanup of Rear Frame Area

I had to take a couple of weekends off due to illness and my grandmother passing away.

Last weekend, I was able to get in the garage for a few hours. I worked on cleaning up the rear portion of the passenger side frame rail. I welded up any damaged aras on the frame rail flange. I then sanded inside the frame rail by hand with some 100 grit sand paper. Finally, I stripped the entire area down to bare metal and prepared it for paint with mineral spirits.

I first covered the area with Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator. Since most of this is exposed to the elements, I wanted a good base. I then covered it with some Rustoleum paint which is similar in color to the original primer.



This weekend, I worked on the driver side rear frame rail area. I did all the same work as I did on the passenger side. I've not covered it with the Rustoleum so this is the look with just the Eastwood Rust Encapsulator.

No comments: