Sunday, January 1, 2012

Completed Hood Hinges

I removed the hinges from the engine compartment along with the hood when I pulled the engine.  The following shows the condition when they were removed.  There was plenty of grime, black, red, and some blue paint on them.

I media blasted the hinges the Friday before Christmas.  I then coated them with two light coats of Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator.  Finally, I put a light coat of Eastwoods Cast Blast on the hinges.  I stuck with light coats so the paint would hopefully not be thick enough to scrape off when the hinges are used. 

I purchased some AMK original style mounting bolts and replacement springs from CJ Pony parts.  I installed the springs on the hinges after giving a little time for the Cast Blast paint to dry.  I'd say the hinges look really good.





No comments: