Monday, April 17, 2023

HRPT Prep 14 - EFI System Order Delayed

One of the big upgrades I planned to install for Power Tour was an EFI system.  I ordered it back in early February and it was expected to ship this last week.  Unfortunately, the setup didn't ship and the website now states that it is not expected to ship until June 16th.  At that point, we will already be on the trip.


This is a little disappointing as I was looking forward to not thinking at all about the tune of the car as it would be managed by the EFI system.  The tune of the car is good but I just think it could be better as it is hard to start at times when hot and the choke does not work perfectly.  I also liked the idea of the system controlling the electric fan and adjusting the idle for the A/C.  The car ran fine going to the Ford Nationals and I'm sure it will work just fine for Power Tour.

On the bright side, this will reduce the amount of work that I need to do before Power Tour.  I'll have a bit more time to drive around and put extra miles on it to test it out some.  I might try to work on the replacement fender paint and add something to improve the idle when the AC is running.

I'll now need to decide if I am going to keep this order or return the regulator and EFI gas tank I've purchased that are sitting in the garage.


No comments: