Thursday, January 29, 2009

Timeline Setbacks

In November, I mentioned my wife needed to have surgery. The surgery was postponed but a new date was scheduled for this coming Tuesday. I learned of this around Christmas which prompted me to begin making patch panels. The plan was to have the welding completed so I could paint the engine bay before the surgery.

Once my wife has the surgery, she will be imoble for several weeks. I'll need to take care of the kids and will only have a little time each night to work on the car. I hoped to have the engine bay painted as all of the components are ready for reintall. I could then put a few on each night.

I called the person who is helping me with the welding on January 2nd. He said he would be able to help me and I asked that he call when he had time to fit me into his schedule. I then called 1 1/2 weeks later and left a message. I called another 1 1/2 weeks later and left a message. The last message was left on Monday and I've not heard back.

Since the welding is not done, I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish or what I'll be able to work on for the coming weeks. Unfortunately, this means spring may arrive before the car is in running condition again.

No comments: