Sunday, January 18, 2009

Garage Cleanup & General Update

I've not accomplished a large amount over the last two weeks.

Last night I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the garage. This was the second really good cleaning I've done on the garage since the project began. This time I sprayed out the garage with water to get rid of the dirt accumulating around and under the car.

I've just about destroyed the garage floor. It started about two years ago when I replaced both front drive axles in the Honda Accord. Stripping the undercoating and grim from the bottom of the Mustang added to the mess. Finally, I've painted a few suspension parts in the garage and leared how far overspray is spread through the garage. The good news is I received a U-Coat-It floor coating kit for Christmas so I'll repair the situation later this year.

I've gone a little slower with the project over the past two weeks. After building the patch panels, I called Danny requesting some more help with welding. He agreed and we decided he would call me back when convenient for him. I left him a message last Wednesday but have not heard back. I hope he returns my call within the next week as I'm ready to move forward with painting the engine bay.

No comments: