Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Distributor Cap & Rotor

I regularly check eBay for original or cheap parts I could use. I watch them and check back occassionally until the auctions end.

I came home for lunch today and happened to check eBay. A new distributor cap and rotor I started watching was set to end later during the day. I marked it because I need a new cap and this one started at $.99 with free shipping. I placed a maximum bid of $3.00 and returned to work. When I came home, I found I had won the parts for $1.04 (again free shipping).

A small victory but it is nice to find a deal when working on your car because everything cost more than you expect.

02/07/09 Update: The distributor cap and rotor has not arrived. The individual who listed the part on eBay is not responding to my emails. I suppose I should be thankful I'm only out $1.04. Sometimes, you just can't win!

No comments: