Tuesday, July 17, 2018

New Intake Manifold - Ready for Fluids

This evenings project was to reinstall all the various items I removed so I can add fluids and then start up the Mustang.  I installed everything except the coolant just to provide one more night of drying time for the RTV.

I installed the distributor, heater hoses, radiator hoses, carburetor, throttle linkage, fuel lines, and then replaced all the spark plugs (NGK FR5 7373).  The old plugs looked worse than they did when I checked back in November.  Several were so fouled I just threw them in the trash.  I held on to the best four to place in my spare parts bin in the truck on the car.



Tomorrow night, I will all coolant, start up the Mustang, check timing, and then start the process of tuning over again in hopes of reaching a good air-fuel ratio.


No comments: