Tuesday, July 10, 2018

New Intake Manifold - Edlebrock RPM Air Gap

There are numerous items which still need work on the Mustang.  One would think I would continue to work on untouched areas to finish up the restoration.  Instead, I replace gears I installed a short time ago and am now going to replace a perfectly good intake.

The existing intake is a Weiand Stealth (#8020WND) which I installed in 2009 with my Holley Street Avenger carburetor.  While there are no issues with the intake, I'd like to switch over to an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake.  I don't expect much if any improvement in performance but want to switch for appearance reasons and to have the carburetor run a little cooler.

On Sunday evening, I purchased an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake (#7521), Scott Drake aluminum thermostat housing (#SDK-C5OE-8592-A), a set of FelPro intake gaskets (#1250), and a FelPro 35067 thermostat gasket.  In normal fashion, Summit sent them to me in record time.



I drove the car this evening to take a picture with my son and the 2006 Mustang he just purchased.  I've been wanting to take the picture with him since we purchased it about three weeks ago and just now found the opportunity.  Now I can pull the intake and swap it without worrying about taking the car out of commission for a few days or longer if I choose.


No comments: