Monday, June 10, 2019

Preparing for Ford Nationals - Headlight Adjuster Repair

I hoped the new radiator would arrive in the mail today but it was unfortunately delayed in Dallas.  Instead, I decided I'd work on repairing the headlight adjuster which I noticed was broken a few days ago.  I'd have just waited but the headlight was somewhat flopping around in the mount which would not work for the trip.

You can tell at the bottom of the image below, the actual mount for the headlight adjustment is completely broken.  

I purchased an entire repair kit but for now only installed this one part.  You should remove the fender for the job but I just removed the headlight from the headlight extension.  I then used a combination of crazy attempts to unscrew the screws from the back of the adjustment mount.  I then managed to get the new one installed.  I'll now need to get the car running again so I can adjust the headlights properly for the trip.


No comments: