Sunday, November 8, 2009

Parts Ordered for Transmission Rebuild

I placed an order today with Mustangs Unlimited and NPD.

I purchased a Centerforce II pressure plate, clutch, roller pilot bearing, shifter rebuild kit, and cast blast paint from Mustangs Unlimited. This was my first order with them. I decided to buy the pressure plate and clutch from Mustangs Unlimited as their price was $50 less than NPD.

I ordered the transmission rebuild kit, throw-out bearing, and transmission isolator mount from NPD. I trust NPD more for providing a complete transmission rebuild kit. Their catalog lists a rebuild kit for the V-8 3 speed and a separate kit for the inline 6 version (2.77). Mustangs Unlimited lists only one. There must be a reason NPD does it separately and I trust their experience over MU.

The parts should arrive next Tuesday. I'll need to remove the flywheel in the next few days to have it resurfaced. There is a local machine shop (Villa's) who stated they would resurface it for only $25.

No comments: