Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Preparing for Ford Nationals - AC Part 7 - Condenser & Receiver/Dryer

I removed the grill and hood support bracket today for the installation of the condenser and receiver/dryer.  I took my time attaching the top and bottom mounts to the condenser while inside the comfort of the house.  Once they were installed, I attached the receiver/dryer and the associated hose.  The assembly was then ready for installation.

The installation of the condenser assembly was fairly straight forward.  Once mounted in place with the hood support installed, I was able to connect the hard lines to the condenser and receiver/dryer.  The receiver/dryer line ran perfectly through the existing lower hole in the firewall.  The top condenser outlet required some adjustment to the metal portion of the hose to run through the existing hole but I managed to get it to line up well.



With the hard lines connected at the condenser, I connected the ran the hoses to their final locations and tightened those possible.  I'll need to finish work on the firewall cover before I can finalize those connections.  




Before I put the grill back in place, I'm going to clean it up just a bit and then add a fresh coat of black paint.

No comments: