Friday, May 10, 2019

Preparing for Ford Nationals - AC Part 5 - Cowl Vent Plates

I've been working periodically on the block off plates for the cowl vents which were provided with the Classic Auto Air kit.  The supplied block off plates are galvanized steel discs with some foam strip around the perimeter.  Before installing them, I coated them with some primer and then Krylon 1316 semi-flat black.

A little earlier this week, I removed the fresh air vent from the driver side.  The vent is held in place by four nuts.  The Classic Auto Air vent just had three small screw holes which did not line up with the fresh air vent holes.  I drilled new ones and then used the original bolts from the fresh air vent to hold it in place.

The passenger side was a little different as it must be held in place with a few self tapping screws.  Strangely, the provided covers have a hole at 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock but nothing at the 6 o'clock location.  I drilled another hole so it would be held with four screws.  I then screwed it in place this evening.  



No comments: