Sunday, November 16, 2008

Engine Block Prep Work

This weekend I worked on cleaning the engine block a little further. I've used a wire wheel on the exposed areas of the block. This has worked very well and those areas are now primed.

I'm not able to removed the headers to clean the lower sides of the block. The headers are actually welded directly to the exhaust. I would no doubt have a difficult time removing the bolts but even if I did I don't think I could get them out of the way much due to them being welded to the exhaust pipes.

To clean the lower sides of the block, I've sprayed the block with brake cleaner and used a solvent proof brush. This has worked pretty well but it is difficult to get the block really clean. I don't have a picture to post but will post a picture when the block is entirely in primer.

No comments: