Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Restoration - A View From the Outside

Once I finish the front suspension, brakes, and steering, the car will no doubt be better. It will handle better and be much more road worthy. However, once the sheet metal is back on, no one will understand why this project took so long or they will not even be able to identify the work done.

The first several projects for my Mustang involve areas not really visible to the masses. After this project, the next will be floorpan replacement followed by the rear suspension/undercarriage. This approach is best as I would rather have a car which is reliable with a well prepared foundation than a piece of junk painted to look nice. Besides, if I started with the paint, I would likely damage it while completing one of the other projects.

Never-the-less, when I am done, I would like someone to see my work and say "Wow, that looks great'. Unfortunately, I'll more than likely hear "What did you just finish doing to it again?".

No comments: