Friday, November 28, 2008

Stripping of Lower Shock Tower

My one recent deviation from my plan was to strip the lower shock towers. I originally planned to leave these alone and then clean then up in the future when the motor is out. The reason for this is the motor mount connects to this section and the exhaust runs very close here so it is a tight area to work in. I changed my mind because this area became an eyesore after I cleaned the rest of the engine bay.

I've taken a picture of each side. The rear portion of the shock tower is the hardest to clean. I was not able to reach all the way to the bottom but it is not very visible. I'll be able to clean this area further in the future when the motor is out of the car.

You will notice at least one spot where I sanded off the primer at the top of the shock tower. I did this in preparation for welding as there are a few holes in the engine compartment which need to be repaired. Additionally, the areas I primed previously have collected a little dirt which I will need to clean off before painting but that is a few weeks off.

No comments: