Friday, November 28, 2008

Project Timeline Revisited

It is very obvious at this point that I will not be able to meet my deadline of having the vehicle reassembled by January 8th. The project has not expanded since I created the deadline but each phase is taking longer than I expected. Part of the reason it due my attempts to perfect project.

I've found taking a small piece (like the alternator brackets) and restoring them to new in a day the most gratifying. Those type projects are small and there is an immediate reward for the work involved. The removal of the front sheetmetal and stripping of the paint seems a never ending project. As a result, stripping a particular part is not very rewarding as the remainder of the engine bay is waiting before the project is actually done.

I'm ready to have the engine and engine bay painted. My larger concern at this point is it will become to cold to paint either of these items. Once painted, I believe the rest will be more enjoyable as it involves installing the individual parts I've worked to restore over the past few months.

No comments: