Sunday, March 8, 2009

Random Work & Welding Update

Since painting the steering column, I've started thinking of switching to a different tachometer. The one I have is nice but would mount to the steering column. I don't want to mess up the paint with the tach when I don't plan to leave it there long term. Additonally, the tachometer is slow to react to changes in engine speed.

The ideal tachometer would be the stock 4" style but they sell regularly on eBay for $400+. Retrogauge makes one which fills the blank clock spot in my cluster (about 2 1/8") and looks original. This one is offerred for $100 dollars.

I've listed a few unneeded garage door openers, the old brake calipers, tie rods, a Paintucation DVD, and some old car audio installation accessories. I listed some items last Saturday and finished up today. As of now, I've already $60+ in bids so I ordered the tach from Mustangs Unlimited.

I tried to reach Danny a few times over the past week about the welding but had no luck. I spoke with my Dad about it and he felt it was very out of character. He called Danny's ex-wife and left a message then left a message with Danny himself. Danny then called me and stated his cell phone was not working properly. Regardless, he stated he would call me Monday or Tuesday about the welding.

I hope he is able to come by to do the welding during the week. I have next week off work and would love to paint the engine bay then put it back together while I am off work. If the welding works out well, my goal will be to have the Mustang back on its front wheels with the engine running by the end of my week off. I don't plan to have all the sheetmetal on but everything else should be done.

No comments: