Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oil Change & Spark Plugs

The engine in the Mustang has seemed to run a little rougher than I recalled. I went to O'Reilly to buy some vacuum caps. While there, I decided to buy spark plug wires since I don't know the age of the current set.

When I arrived home, I started up the Mustang to warm up the motor for an oil change. While it was running, I looked over the spark plug wires again. It was then that I noticed the spark plug in the #8 cylinder was loose. I stopped the engine, tightened the plug, and restarted the car. This cleared up the rough idle.

I've not changed out the spark plug wires. It is a fairly easy project I can do at anytime. This weekend, I would like spend a little time reinstalling the sheetmetal so the car can be inspected.

I did decide to go ahead and change the oil. I used Mobile 1 High Mileage 10w40 oil as I did for the first oil change. I also used a Fram High Mileage HM8A oil filter.
I cut open the original oil Fram filter. I've heard rumor they are not produced very well. It does not look to be constructed poorly. The filter does not look as high quality as I would expect but it might do the job just as well as one which looks better.


No comments: