Thursday, March 5, 2009

Brake Problems Corrected

I exchanged an email with Dan from ChockoStang this morning. He stated the holes in the caliepr and pad do not always line up perfectly. He suggested I grind away enough of the pad backing plate to secure the pad to the caliper.

I was able to grind away enough this after work today using my Dremel. I then mounted up the second spindle with little trouble. Both spindles drag a fair amount but I'm told this should go away after I break in the pads.

I ordered Moog tie rods and sleeves from RockAuto on Tuesday. I used my birthday Visa gift cards on the purchase and paid the rest. The Moog parts are not cheap ($160) but they are the best quality available. They arrived today and I added to my list of parts I'm ready to install.

I've continued to try to reach Danny about the welding. I've received his voicemail every time I called. I called from work and from a payphone just to find out if he is avoiding my calls but he never answers. It is very odd to not hear from him or have him answer his phone in two months of calls. Unfortunately, I'm low on options for someone to help me out and my car is not in a condition to take it somewhere to have the welding done.

I'm off work the week of March 16th. I hoped to have the welding done so I could spend the week reinstalling all these parts I've restored over the months. If the welding is not done, I can't paint the engine bay. If the engine bay is not painted nothing can be installed. I've posted on the VMF forum for opinions and will probably start calling local body shops to see if anyone would help and what they would charge.

No comments: