Sunday, March 15, 2009

Engine Compartment Painting 3

I put another coat of Extreme Chassis Black on the undercarriage this morning. By the morning it should be fully dry. I'll then put the undercoating in the fender wells and begin reinstalling parts. The plan is to start with parts mounted on the firewall and then move forward. Hopefully this will ensure (or minimize) the paint is not damaged while reinstalling parts.

The only other forward progress made was painting the battery tray. I also picked upsome wiring at Wal-Mart for the tachometer installation. I want to install the instrument cluster tomorrow as one of the first projects so I do not damage the steering column installing it later.

I can't say how glad I am that the engine compartment is painted. It has taken so long to get to this point it does not seems like I should be at this point yet. I'll install a few parts in the morning and Kyle is coming over to help tomorrow night.

No comments: