Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Headlight and Grill Trim Installation

I started off tonight by working on stripping the grime from the bumper mounting arms. I cleaned almost all of one of the four arms. I then decided to move on to something more productive.

I installed the grill trim except for the hockey stick shaped pieces which go along the headlight buckets. This trim requires a special type clip. The originals are bent so badly the cannot be reused. I checked the NPD catalog and a set of these clips is $12. I'll look around the garage to see if I can come up with a different mounting method for now.

I then installed the headlights in the Mustang. I rolled it back to the back edge of the garage and aimed the headlights properly. They are not perfect but I don't intend on driving at night. I'm just glad it all works so I'm able to get an inspection.

No comments: